With students from BA (Hons) at Dance City, Newcastle
Photography by Patricio Forrester
With students from schools in Suffolk at the Organic Entity workshop in Ipswich
Photography by Salah El Brogy
With students of the Summer Dance by NDCWales
Photography by Roy Campbell-Moore
With the students of Easter Course by NDCWales
Photography by Roy Campbell-Moore
Workshops, classes and choreographies for students
- July 2018: Neus will direct 30 circus students for the London Youth Circus Ensemble show at National Centre for Circus Arts, premiering on the 28th and 29th of July. Tickets on sale soon.
- In April 2018 Neus created a new choreography for the BA students at Newcastle College Performance Academy. The work will premiere on the 11th May at the Peter Sarah Theatre, Newcastle.
- In February 2018 Neus created a new piece for the CAT students in Swindon, which will premiere in July 2018.
- In November 2017 Neus created a new piece for the BA(Hons) Dance Professional Practice students at Dance City which premiered in December and had a tour in schools in January and February 2018.
- June 2017: Second professional workshop from the choreographers of Organic Entity at Chisenhale Dance Space
- February 2017: Neus created a new choreography for the CAT students in Newcastle. The piece will be premiered in July 2017
- January 2017: Workshops in Bologna and Como (Italy) in collaboration with Compagnia Della Quarta
- November 2016: Professional workshop as part of the collaboration triple bill Organic Entity at Siobhan Davies Studios
- November 2016: Professional class at Greenwich Dance
- October 2016: Professional class at Trip Space
- April 2016: Intensive at CODARTS, The Rotterdam Dance Academy
- March 2016: Professional class at Greenwich Dance
- February 2016: Intensive with CAT students in Newcastle
- December 2015: Workshop at Estudio 21 in Valencia, Spain
- November 2015: Teaching young dancers at the CAT in Swindon
- July 2015: Professional class at Trip Space, London
- June 2015: Workshop for Rubicon vocational students in Cardiff
Neus started teaching ballet class for pre preprofessional dancers in 2004 at the dance school Maria Carbonell in Valencia.
In the consecutive summers of 2009 and 2010, she taught body conditioning and health at El Casinet, in Barcelona, directed by Elise Lummis.
In October 2009 she taught at the same school contemporary and ballet class for preprofessional dancers.
During her time at National Dance Company Wales, Neus taught the main company ballet and contemporary class in several occasions, and was one of the main teachers of the program “Associates of NDCWales”, many of which then were accepted at schools such as London Contemporary or Laban. She was also one of the teachers for the Easter and Summer courses the company offered to young dancers. While on tour, Neus taught many workshops to a range of ages and abilities.
Neus has taught workshops, intensives and professional company class for Hofesh Shechter Company, teaching Hofesh's style to students and professionals, including improvisation, and repertoire of "Sun" and "Political Mother"
After leaving HSC in 2015, Neus became a freelance guest teacher for professional dancers and vocational students.
Neus' class is impro-based, focusing on improving the dancer's awareness of his/her movement by listening to the natural path of the movement through the body, with an intuitive and honest approach.
Meanwhile, dancers are challenged to use different dynamics and get out of their comfort zone while still being fully committed to dance with a sense of totality
With this deep embodiment of physicality and high concentration, the dancer will be able to then apply this awareness to any choreographies he/she is asked to perform.