Choreographing for students from BA (Hons) at Dance City, Newcastle 2017
Photography by Patricio Forrester
Teaching Nua Dance repertory to students from schools in Suffolk at the Organic Entity workshop in Ipswich 2017
Photography by Salah El Brogy
Choreographing with students of the Summer Dance by NDCWales 2011
Photography by Roy Campbell-Moore
Teaching the students of Easter Course by NDCWales 2010
Photography by Roy Campbell-Moore
Neus' well tested technique, Delicate Beast feeds of the many influences Neus has received in her prolific career, specially the imagination-driven intense physicality of Ohad Naharin and Hofesh Shechter. Neus' class is impro-based, focusing on improving the participant's awareness of their movement by listening to the natural path of the movement through the body, with an intuitive and honest approach.
Delicate Beast is beneficial for dancers, actors, circus artists and all physical performers, who are challenged to use different dynamics and get out of their comfort zone while still being fully committed to move with a sense of totality. With this deep embodiment of physicality and high concentration, the participant will be able to then apply this awareness to any choreographies they go on to perform and use the newly gained tools for their own movement devising.
Workshops, classes and choreographies for students
For Nua Dance company workshops click here
- Neus is currently creating a full evening piece for graduating students from the Modern Dance Academy in Torino.
- June: Neus will choreograph for 90 students at Martin´s Wood, in Stevenage.
- January/February: Neus coached 20 BA students of National Centre for Circus Arts in the creation of their devised pieces.
- September/October: Neus worked with the Swindon CAT, Exeter branch, to give the students devising tools ahead of their future work with choreographers.
- September: Three day intensive for students at teachers at Modern Dance Academy in Torino.
- July: Neus directed 30 circus students for the London Youth Circus Ensemble show at National Centre for Circus Arts, premiering on the 28th and 29th of July.
- April: Neus created a new choreography for the BA students at Newcastle College Performance Academy. The work premiered on the 11th May at the Peter Sarah Theatre, Newcastle.
- February: Neus created a new piece for the CAT students in Swindon, which premiered in July 2018.
- November: Neus created a new piece for the BA(Hons) Dance Professional Practice students at Dance City which premiered in December and had a tour in schools in January and February 2018.
- June: Second professional workshop from the choreographers of Organic Entity at Chisenhale Dance Space
- February: Neus created a new choreography for the CAT students in Newcastle. The piece will be premiered in July 2017
- January: Workshops in Bologna and Como (Italy) in collaboration with Compagnia Della Quarta
- November: Professional workshop as part of the collaboration triple bill Organic Entity at Siobhan Davies Studios
- November: Professional class at Greenwich Dance
- October: Professional class at Trip Space
- April: Intensive at CODARTS, The Rotterdam Dance Academy
- March: Professional class at Greenwich Dance
- February 2016: Intensive with CAT students in Newcastle
- December: Workshop at Estudio 21 in Valencia, Spain
- November: Teaching young dancers at the CAT in Swindon
- July: Professional class at Trip Space, London
- June: Workshop for Rubicon vocational students in Cardiff
Neus started teaching ballet class for pre preprofessional dancers in 2004 at the dance school Maria Carbonell in Valencia.
In the consecutive summers of 2009 and 2010, she taught body conditioning and health at El Casinet, in Barcelona, directed by Elise Lummis.
In October 2009 she taught at the same school contemporary and ballet class for preprofessional dancers.
During her time at National Dance Company Wales, Neus taught the main company ballet and contemporary class in several occasions, and was one of the main teachers of the program “Associates of NDCWales”, many of which then were accepted at schools such as London Contemporary or Laban. She was also one of the teachers for the Easter and Summer courses the company offered to young dancers. While on tour, Neus taught many workshops to a range of ages and abilities.
Neus has taught workshops, intensives and professional company class for Hofesh Shechter Company, teaching Hofesh's style to students and professionals, including improvisation, and repertoire of "Sun" and "Political Mother"
After leaving HSC in 2015, Neus became a freelance guest teacher for professional dancers and vocational students.
As well as a guest teacher at the Rotterdam Dance Academy, CODARTS, Greenwich Dance, Rubicon Dance and Trip Space amongst others, Neus is a movement and composition teacher at the National Centre for Circus Arts.